Quick and easy way to make a 'pizza' - looks and tastes delicious! Some great tips in the video too!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 5 minutes
Image credit: @jemimawilchphotography
Bread (1 slice per person)
Topping suggestions: Salami, tomatoes, peppers, pitted black olives, capers, onion, garlic and pesto (see the CG nut-free pesto recipe!)
How to make pizza toast
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6 or 180°C for a fan oven).
2. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil, on both sides, and place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
2. Slice the tomatoes and olives (and any other toppings) while your bread is cooking.
3. When the bread is cooked, spread 1-2 teaspoons of tomato puree over each slice of bread.
4. Add the cheese and any other toppings.
5. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
To serve: Enjoy with a crunchy salad.
HINTS & TIPS
Use vegan cheese / gluten free bread for anyone with food intolerance - just like Karen does in the video!
Get the children involved adding their own toppings!
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.