TASTY TOMATO AND RED LENTIL SOUP
Updated: Feb 2
Great mid- week soup for all the family - So simple yet so good!
Makes approximately 4- 6 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10-minutes
Cooking time is approximately 20- 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion diced
3 garlic cloves crushed or grated
400 g tin chopped tomatoes
200 g dried red lentils
1 litre water or vegetable stock (or chicken stock if you don’t need this to be veggie)
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make tomato and red lentil soup
1. Put 1 tablespoon of oil into a wide, deep pan and add the diced onion.
2. Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until the onions have softened but are not brown.
3. Add garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
4. Then add in the tinned tomatoes, lentils, water or stock and some salt and pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, and then turn down and simmer for 30 minutes until the lentils are really soft.
6. Stir occasionally.
HINTS & TIPS
No need to blend this soup serve once the lentils are cook with some bread!
You can add in diced carrots with the tinned tomatoes for extra goodness
Cook double and freeze