Updated: Feb 2
This root is not pretty but give it a chance!
Makes approximately 4- 6 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 20- 30 minutes
1 Tbsp oil
1 leek, sliced and washed
1 medium potato, peeled and roughly chopped
1 medium celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
1litre vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook celeriac soup
1. Gently heat the oil add potato and celeriac and fry gently for around 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
2. Add leek and garlic and cook for another 5 mins
3. Add the vegetable stock, bring the soup to a boil, and simmer for a further 20 minutes until the celeriac and potatoes are tender.
4. Use a stick blender or tip the soup into a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
5. Add the salt and pepper to taste before serving up
HINTS & TIPS
It is easier to slice then wash the leek – gets all the soil out!
A filling warming winter soup that can be frozen- make double!
Can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for up to 2-3 days
Add in a peeled, washed and chopped parsnip for extra winter vegetable nourishment
Can be topped with cheese and eaten with crusty bread