Great fun to make with the children with a fabulous lunch at the end of it!
Makes approximately 3 - 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 15 to 20 minutes
Sheet of puff pastry (fresh or frozen)
Red pepper, cut into small cubes
1 cup of frozen peas
1 cup of frozen sweetcorn (or tinned is also good to use)
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1 cup of grated cheese (cheddar is perfect)
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
How to make Vegetable Pinwheels
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas mark 5 or 170°C for a fan oven).
2. Add the tomato puree to the tinned tomatoes and stir well. Add the mixed herbs and stir again.
3. Spread over the pastry sheet until it is completely covered.
4. Sprinkle over the vegetables.
5. Sprinkle over the cheese. Save 1/4 cup of the cheese
6. Roll it length ways and cut into 2-3 cm slices. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
7. Place flat on a baking tray lined with greased proof paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with a side salad for a delicious lunch
HINTS & TIPS
Any vegetables and cheese can be used. Why not experiment with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, courgette, brie, feta? Cubes of ham or leftover chicken work well in this recipe too.
We love a Marmite and cheese version too!
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.