Potato, Parsnip and Carrot Bake
Updated: Feb 19, 2021
Makes approximately 4 servings (as a side dish)
Preparation time is approximately 20 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 60 minutes
450g potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
125g carrots, scrubbed and coarsely grated
125g parsnips, scrubbed and coarsely grated
1 onion, coarsely grated
2 tablespoons butter (melted), plus a little more to grease the tin
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley (optional)
How to make Potato, Parsnip and Carrot Bake
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
2. Put the grated potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onion into a clean, dry tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. Tip into a large bowl and mix in the 2 eggs and any seasoning to taste.
4. Turn into a greased 20cm loose bottomed tin, press gently to level it out.
5. Put into the oven for 40 minutes. After this time, remove and brush with the melted butter.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 mins or until golden.
7. Carefully remove from the tin and garnish with parsley if using.
HINTS & TIPS
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge, in a bowl covered in cling film or in an airtight container, for 2 - 3 days.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.