Updated: Jul 6
This is a huge hit with children and a good way to get fussy children to eat fruit that they wouldn’t normally eat.
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 25-30 minutes
Photo credit @jemimawilchphotography
100g milk chocolate
Selection of fruit for dipping e.g. strawberries, apple slices, pear slices, melon pieces
How to make Fruit Fondue
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces into a heatproof bowl.
2. Put a small pan with a couple of inches of water on the hob to heat.
3. Once the water is simmering, turn the heat right down and place the chocolate bowl over the simmering water (make sure that the bowl does not come into contact with the water or the chocolate will burn and become solid).
4. Keep stirring the chocolate and as soon as it is melted take off the heat.
5. Pour the melted chocolate into a serving bowl (or individual bowls) and serve with the prepared fruit for dipping
HINTS & TIPS
- Any fruit can be used and can be served as colourful skewers or on a platter.
- A little chocolate goes a long way.
- The fruit can be dipped and left to set.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.