Updated: Apr 1
Vegetables don't just have to be used in savoury dishes! This carrot cake is delicious.
Makes approximately 6 - 8 servings
Preparation time is approximately 15 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 40 minutes
(Please note: Use recipe below rather than quantities in the video)
227g carrots (approx 2 - 3 carrots)
140ml sunflower oil
170g plain flour
110g soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
25g cream cheese
25g butter (softened)
50g icing sugar
How to make Carrot Cake
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (Gas mark 3 or 150°C for a fan oven).
2. Grate carrots.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and salt
4. Whisk eggs and sugar until creamy, add carrots, mix well.
5. Slowly add the oil.
6. Add the flour mix to the egg and carrot mix with the sultanas. Mix until well combined.
7. Turn into a greased loaf tin or 20 cm square tin.
8. Bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes after a skewer or small knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Leave to cool completely.
1. Mix softened butter with the cream cheese.
2. Slowly add icing sugar and beat well to combine.
Spread on top of the cake and serve.
HINTS & TIPS
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.