Apple & Cinnamon Tray bake Cake
Updated: Jan 11
An easy to make cake with seasonal apples that children will love to help make.
Makes approximately 4-6 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 45 minutes
500g cooking apples
Juice of 1/2 lemon
200g butter, melted
150g soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g self-raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
How to make your apple and cinnamon tray bake cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas mark 4 or 160°C for a fan oven). Grease and line the baking tray.
2. Peel and thinly slice the apples and squeeze the lemon juice over.
3. Place the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and eggs in the mixing bowl and stir well until smooth.
4. Spread half the mixture in the baking tray. Add a layer of apple slices and the second half of the cake mixture and a further layer of apple slices on top.
5. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden and bouncy on top.
6. Leave to cool and cut into squares.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.