Turkey Meatballs Slow Cooker Recipe
Updated: Feb 3, 2022
A tasty one-pot recipe using turkey mince combined with rice for a nutritious mid-week meal
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 4 hours on high heat
450 g minced turkey or chicken
Approx. 650g of versatile homemade tomato sauce or a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 medium to large, grated carrot or courgette.
3/4 cup uncooked rice (brown if you have)
1-2 teaspoons of dried herbs- parsley, rosemary mixed herbs all work well
Salt and pepper
How to make Turkey Meatballs
1. Pour 1/2 of the Hidden versatile veggie sauce or chopped tinned tomatoes into the slow cooker
2. Add grated vegetables, minced turkey, and rice to a bowl
3. Add in any dried herbs you have, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well.
5. Make balls using hands and place balls in the slow cooker.
6. Pour remaining sauce over meatballs.
7. Cook for 4 hrs on high heat
HINTS & TIPS
- Can add a little bit of water to your sauce if needed, meatballs should be almost completely in the liquid so that the rice cooks.
- Any Leftovers can be frozen
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.