Slow cooker Chunky Beef Chilli
A filling meaty stew for the winter months
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 15 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 9 hrs
400g tin red kidney beans
350g-400g diced beef,
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large green pepper, deseeded and sliced
2-3 large carrots
5 tablespoons tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder or chilli flakes ( more if you like it hotter)
1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
How to make Chunky Beef Chilli
1. Place the beans in the slow cooker with 600 ml of water.
2. Mix the garlic, tomato puree, and green chilli ( if you are using)
3. Add the beef, onion and green pepper and carrots and mix to coat evenly.
4. Place the meat and vegetables on top of the beans and cook on low for 9 hours.
5. Stir and season to taste.
Can be served with a baked potato (or baked sweet potato) rice or cous-cous
Add some some vegetables and erve with a dollop of natural yogurt.
HINTS & TIPS
Use a cheaper cut of meat, these work well in slow cooker recipes
Don't be afraid of having a little fat on the meat it adds to the flavour
Any Leftovers can be frozen
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.