Tuna Pasta Bake
Tuna pasta bake is a quick & easy dish that is great for feeding the family from your store cupboard. Great way to hide vegetables too! Serve with a green salad on the side.
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 20 minutes
Jess made it for her Twenty20 Challenge - check out the video!
Tin of tuna chunks (in brine or oil)
Can of cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
Sweetcorn and carrots (any fresh, tinned, frozen or jars of veg)
75g – 100g cheese for serving (cheddar)
500g (approx. 2 handfuls per person) of pasta (gluten free if necessary)
How to make your tuna pasta bake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas mark 4 or 160°C for a fan oven).
2. Add the pasta to a large pan of slightly salted boiling water and cook according to
the packet instructions (approx. 10 minutes). In the last few minutes of cooking, add the
vegetables and stir.
3. Drain the pasta/vegetables and set aside (save a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water if possible). Add to an oven-proof dish.
4. Add the drained tuna chunks and the soup and stir. Sprinkle on the cheese.
5. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Serve immediately with a side salad.
HINTS & TIPS
If you haven’t got a tin of soup handy, you can use chopped tomatoes or passata. It would even work with the Cooking Good Hidden Veg Versatile Sauce recipe on the reverse of this card!
This recipe is great for batch cooking and freezing.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge, in a bowl covered in cling film or in an airtight container, for a couple of days.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.