Super Egg Fried Rice
Updated: Jan 7
Makes approximately: 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately: 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately: 10 minutes
2 cups fridge-chilled leftover rice (or 1 pack of cooked rice)
A cup of frozen peas
2 – 4 spring onions (or one regular onion), finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
A small tin of sweetcorn
2 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons of soy sauce (or a pinch of salt if preferred)
How to Make Super Egg Fried Rice
1. Heat the oil and add the frozen peas (or other vegetables) and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
2. Add the cooked rice and stir for 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Add the spring onion and tinned sweetcorn and stir.
4. Add the soy sauce (or salt).
5. Make a space in the middle of the rice and add the eggs.
6. Continue to stir until the egg is cooked.
HINTS & TIPS
Leftover, tinned or other frozen vegetables i.e. broccoli, carrots, peas, or sweetcorn could be used and you can add any leftover chicken, chorizo, ham, or tofu for some added protein if desired. Also delicious served with sweet chilli sauce.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.