Spanish Chicken Tray Bake
Mediterranean vegetables galore in this easy Spanish style chicken tray bake.
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 1 hour
6 Chicken thighs
500g potatoes, cut into wedges
2 red onions
2 - 3 cloves of garlic, whole (or lazy garlic)
1 whole chorizo sausage, cut into chunks
1 pepper (any colour), cut into chunks
1-2 teaspoons of oregano
1-2 teaspoons of paprika/smoked paprika
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Tablespoon of olive oil (or chilli oil if available)
Salt & pepper
How to make your Spanish Chicken tray bake
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6 or 180°C for a fan oven).
2. Add the potatoes, onions and cherry tomatoes to a baking dish with the oil and a pinch of salt. Cook for 20 minutes.
3. While the veg is cooking, slice the top of the chicken thighs (this lets the flavours sink into the meat). Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Mix the chorizo and garlic into the vegetables.
5. Place the chicken on top of the mixture and cook for a further 20 minutes.
6. Add the peppers and cook for another 20 minutes.
HINTS & TIPS
Any leftovers could be added to a wrap or some cous cous for a delicious lunch the following day!
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.