Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole
An easy recipe that can be either made with either meat or vegetarian sausages
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5- 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 2-3 hours on high heat
Olive oil for frying
8 sausages either meat or vegetarian
1 large leek, sliced
1 clove chopped small, sliced
100ml water or stock
Dried chilli flakes a pinch
Tomato purée 2 tbsp
400g tinned beans, drained and rinsed
Any fresh or dried herbs
How to make SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
1. Heat the slow cooker to high.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages all over, making sure you get a really good colour on them.
3. Remove from the pan.
4. Add the sausage to the slow cooker with the sliced leeks, garlic, stock, chilli flakes and tomato purée.
5. Cook for a couple of hours then add beans and cook for another hour or so
6. Season with salt and pepper
HINTS & TIPS
-Serve with mashed potatoes or rice
Add in potatoes when beans are added or
Add in extra vegetables such as mushroom, carrots or cabbage
Can be frozen
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.