PORK AND CABBAGE ROLLS
A little fiddley but still a great cabbage main course
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10-20 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 30-40 minutes
2- 4 boneless pork chops - use fairly thin ones and trim off any excess fat
4-8 large Savoy cabbage leaves
2 tbsp milk
100g dry breadcrumbs,
seasoned with salt and pepper
oil for frying,
How to make Pork and cabbage rolls
1. If the chops are not thin enough put between a sheet of clingfilm and bash until about as thin as a 10p piece
2. Boil water in a pan once boiled drop in cabbage leaves – they don’t take long to cook about 4 minutes
3. Once cook cool down as quick as you can in cold water. Drain,
4. Cut out the V-shaped stalk, keeping the whole leaf as one. Cut each leaf in half lengthways.
5. Lay a bashed chop on your chopping board or work surface., then 2 pieces of cabbage leaf on top
6. Roll as tightly as you can then use a cocktail stick or two to hold together
7. Place on a baking tray and chill for 10 minutes. (Do this with all the chops)
8. Beat the eggs and mix with the milk.
9. Remove cocktail sticks and dip pork rolls in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs to coat.
10. Heat some oil in a wide deep pan
11. Fry the rolls for 6-8minutes, turning, until the pork is cooked through, and the breadcrumbs are golden.
12. Drain on kitchen paper.
HINTS & TIPS
For a healthier option bake in the oven at 190'C/Gas 5 (keep the cocktail sticks in if baking)
on a non-stick tray until golden brown and cooked through.
Cut to serve with steamed vegetable and or rice