Updated: Feb 19
Quick and easy, this microwave risotto is perfect when time is limited!
Makes approximately 2 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 20 minutes
1 tablespoon of olive oil
125g Arborio rice (3/4 of a cup)
1 stick of celery, chopped
25g Parmesan cheese
1/2 white or red onion, finely chopped
1/2 litre vegetable stock
Pinch of black pepper
How to make your Microwave Risotto
1. Put the oil and onion in a microwaveable bowl and cook on high for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the rice and celery and cook on high for 1 minute.
3. Add your stock and cook on high for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, grate the carrot, courgette and Parmesan cheese. Add to the rice mix.
3. Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the butter, black pepper and coriander (if using).
Serve with a side salad.
HINTS & TIPS
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.