Leftover Chicken Casserole
Updated: Oct 6, 2021
This dish is a perfect way to use up leftover turkey or chicken!
Makes approximately 2-3 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 50 minutes
These make a casserole for 2/3 people but quantities are easy to change for more or less people (and to suit the amount of chicken you have)
1 – 2 cups of cooked chicken
1 onion, chopped
3 – 4 carrots, chopped into bite sized pieces
3 medium potatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
Broccoli, broken into florets
1 can of condensed soup – celery or chicken
Chicken stock or milk
How to make Chicken Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (Gas mark 4 or 160°C for a fan oven).
2. Put the chicken and vegetables into an ovenproof dish with a lid.
3. Spoon the can of soup into the casserole (it won’t pour as it will be too thick)
4. Fill the can with chicken stock or milk and put this in the casserole and mix everything together well.
5. Place in the oven and cook for about 40-50 minutes – check every so often to see how well vegetables are cooking.
Serve with some steamed green beans or other veg.
HINTS & TIPS
'Lighten up' if using milk use a low fat version.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.