Dragon Chicken Wings
Updated: Oct 6, 2021
A spicy dish, prepared in advance to save time the next day.
Makes approximately 4 servings as a main (or 8 as a side dish)
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cooking time is approximately 40 minutes
Photo credit @jemimawilchphotography
5 red chillies, finely grated (or 2½ teaspoons of chilli powder)
1 red pepper, finely grated
2 thumb-sized pieces of fresh ginger, finely grated (or ½ teaspoon dried ginger)
2 teaspoons of lazy garlic (or 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely grated)
1 tablespoon salt (or 1 tablespoon of soy)
2 teaspoons vinegar (or lemon juice)
Approx. 20 chicken wings or 800g wing pieces
How to make Dragon Chicken Wings
1. Add the chilli, pepper, ginger, salt, vinegar, oil and garlic into a large bowl. Mix together to make the marinade.
2. Add the chicken wings to the marinade, cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least one hour (but can be left for up to 24 hours).
3. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220°C (Gas mark 7 200°C for a fan oven).
4. Tip the wings and sauce into a deep baking tray (make sure they are spread out and not overlapping).
5. Roast for about 40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Serve with new potatoes and salad.
HINTS & TIPS
- If you have a food processor or blender, put all the ingredients (except the chicken wings) into the processor and blitz until you have a smooth marinade.
- If you want to make this dish less spicy then use less chillies.
- This marinade works well with chicken thigh or drumstick pieces too.
'Lighten up' by removing skin and serve with skin on potatoes either baked or as a salad
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.