Chickpea & Mushroom Curry
Updated: Jan 17
This curry is really easy to make so it’s perfect for a midweek meal. It’s mild so even if you or your family don’t like things too spicy, it’s delicious.
Makes approximately: 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately: 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately: 15 minutes
300g mushrooms, quartered (or tinned mushrooms)
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of curry paste
400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
400g can of chopped tomatoes
150g natural yogurt (optional)
75g cucumber, deseeded and diced (optional)
1 tablespoon mango chutney (optional)
How to Make Chickpea & Mushroom Curry
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the mushrooms for 1 – 2 minutes until just cooked. Spoon out onto a plate and set aside.
2. Fry the onion for 4 – 5 minutes in the same pan (add another splash of oil if necessary), then add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the reserved mushrooms.
4. Add mango chutney (optional) if desired.
5. Make a 'raita' by mixing the yogurt and cucumber
together and season.
Serve with rice or a naan bread.
HINTS & TIPS
Stir in some spinach for some extra goodness!
If you have any chicken or turkey leftovers, you could add this to the sauce too.
You could also add coconut milk to make it extra creamy.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.