Chicken Tikka Tray bake
Updated: 4 days ago
A delicious and nutritious one tray dish that is easy to assemble and a firm family favourite. It's a great way to introduce kids to spices as it is not too hot!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 25 minutes (including marinating time)
Cooking time is approximately 60 minutes
8-12 skinless chicken thighs scored with a sharp knife
1/3 jar of chicken tikka paste
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
250g plain greek yogurt
1 white onion, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
500g new potatoes, halved
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of cumin
Handful of chopped coriander (optional)
How to make Chicken Tikka Traybake
1. Boil the new potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain these and put aside.
2. In a large bowl mix the tikka paste, yogurt, garlic and ginger. Add the chicken, cover with cling wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6 or 180°C for a fan oven).
4. In a large roasting tray add the new potatoes, onion, cauliflower and red pepper. Sprinkle over turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Place the marinated chicken on top of the veg, cover with tin foil and roast for 60 minutes. Remove the tin foil and continue roasting for a further 15 minutes (until the chicken is cooked
6. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with coriander.
To Serve: Squeeze over lemon juice and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with salad and naan bread.
HINTS & TIPS
This dish is a great way to introduce kids to spices as it is not too hot!
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.