Great for using up leftover chicken or turkey too!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 15 minutes
I tablespoon of olive oil
2 bell peppers, chopped
2 small white onions (can be red onion)
350gm chopped chicken breast or thigh pieces
2 tablespoons Mexican or fajita spice and two tablespoons of water
(or small jar of ready made sauce – no extra water needed)
I pack of wraps (gluten free if necessary)
Salad leaves (optional)
Guacamole or chopped avocado (optional)
How to make Mexican Fajitas
1. Heat oil in a frying pan.
2. Add peppers and onion. Cook on medium heat until soft.
3. Add the chicken, spice and water, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Check whether the chicken is cooked inside (if it is pink, it needs to cook for longer).
5. Heat wraps in microwave for 1 minute.
6. Fill wraps with chicken and peppers, roll and serve.
Add guacamole, chopped avocado, grated cheese and/or side salad if desired.
HINTS & TIPS
You could use leftover chicken or turkey to make these!
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.