Baked Feta Pasta
Updated: Oct 6
Quick and easy way to make - looks and tastes delicious!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 30 minutes
Image credit: @jemimawilchphotography
300g / 4 cups of wholemeal pasta
200g feta or Greek style salad cheese
Pack of cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano or mixed herbs
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
50g black pitted olives (optional)
Salt & pepper
How to make Baked Feta Pasta
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C (Gas mark 6 or 180°C for a fan oven).
2. Add the olive oil to a baking dish, tip in tomatoes, add the garlic (you don’t need to peel it) and place the feta in the centre.
3. Season with oregano, salt and pepper then give it a little shake to get the oil and seasoning on the tomatoes and put into the oven.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. In a pan of boiling, slightly salted, water, add the wholemeal pasta and cook according to packet instructions (this usually takes about 12 minutes).
6. Take the dish from the oven and remove the garlic, using a folk squeeze out the soft inside pulp and put it into the dish. Using a folk gently squash the tomatoes and mix the oozing cheese, adding the fresh basil, olives (if using) and pasta.
Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan (optionlal) and some black pepper.
HINTS & TIPS
Add some leftover chicken for some extra protein!
'Lighten up' use light or low fat feta, add in extra vegetables. use wholemeal pasta
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.