Updated: Feb 19
A colourful, healthy vegetarian recipe!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 25 - 35 minutes
2 peppers (any colour), chopped in half (remove seeds and membrane)
4 sun-dried tomato pieces (available in jars at most supermarkets)
175g chestnut mushrooms, chopped into small cubes
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
½ cup chopped parsley
1 clove chopped garlic (or a teaspoon of lazy garlic)
100g Feta cheese / Greek style soft cheese
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes/chilli powder
50g finely chopped hazelnuts (optional)
How to make stuffed peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (Gas mark 7 or 200°C for a fan oven).
2. Heat sun-dried tomatoes in frying pan over high heat, add chopped mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in hazelnuts (if using) and cook for a further minute.
4. Remove pan from the heat and set aside. Grind in black pepper & stir through the garlic.
5. Tip contents of pan into a large mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs, parsley, chilli and mix.
6. Gently stir in the soft cheese chunks.
7. Lay half peppers on to a foil sheet on a baking tray and fill with the stuffing mixture.
8. Cover stuffing section with small piece of foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
HINTS & TIPS
Mixture (stuffing) can be made ahead & stored in fridge & simply stuff the peppers with it before cooking.
Leftover rice could be used instead of the breadcrumbs.
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.