Splendid Sprouts with Bacon
It wouldn’t be a Christmas dinner without sprouts!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 15 minutes
350g Brussels sprouts, chopped in half
50g pancetta cubes or 4 slices bacon chopped
Splash of white wine or other liquor
Salt & pepper
How to Make SPLENDID SPROUTS
1. Peel the sprouts and cut in half
2. Add the butter to the frying pan on a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
3. Add the sprouts and a splash of white wine
4. Stir and cook until soft but not mushy.
If you don’t like sprouts why not use green beans instead? These are also delicious mixed with bacon.
HINTS & TIPS
· No need to score a cross in the bottom – it just makes them soggy!
· If you boil them - keep your eye on the cooking time. Don’t go over eight minutes!
· Roasted sprouts taste completely different to those that are boiled or steamed, it makes them sweeter! Try roasting them with some chestnuts and bacon for added yum!
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.