LEFTOVER VEG HASH
Using leftovers are a great way to reduce food waste and make a tasty meal at the same time!
Makes approximately 4 servings
Preparation time is approximately 5 minutes
Cooking time is approximately 10 minutes
Leftover veg e.g. roast or mash potatoes, parsnips, carrots, cabbage, sprouts etc
Any leftover cooked meat, chopped i.e. roast chicken, chorizo, bacon, pork (optional)
1 free-range egg
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
Fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (optional)
How to Make LEFTOVER VEG HASH
1. Chop the vegetables together (with any leftover meat if required).
2. Mix the mayonnaise and egg together, then use to bind together the vegetables and chicken.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fill with the veg mixture.
4. Fry over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
5. Place the pan under a hot grill to cook the top until golden brown.
You can make these into individual patties if preferred and just cook on both sides in the pan (or grill on both sides).
HINTS & TIPS
Add some spices? Or serve with sweet chilli sauce for an extra kick?
Pop a poached or fried egg on top for a super filling protein brunch?
Please click HERE to see Cooking Good’s statement on allergens and substitutions within recipes.
Don’t forget to look at our useful articles on a variety of family topics including batch cooking, leftovers, hydration, fussy eaters and more! Here is the LINK.